Google+

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Last Look by Erin and Larissa

We're almost half way through February, so it's time to wrap up our February Kit.  What better way to do that than to let Erin and Larissa show you how they used the kit.  We will begin with a couple of layouts Erin created using photos of her sweet daughter.

"After Party" by Erin Blegen

My daughter's first birthday was quite busy, filled with family, and it caused her to be a bit overwhelmed. Though I took nearly 400 pictures during the day, I don't think I got even a single one of her smiling :(. However, AFTER the party (and a nap!) she was much happier. I spent some time with her outside, just her and I, and got a bunch of really great shots. She was so adorable in her little birthday outfit- and when I first started to work with this kit, I just knew that it would coordinate perfectly with it! I pulled apart one of the wire hearts and used a couple of the sprays in my cluster. Then I took the remaining piece and bent them into "leaves", also sticking them in with my cluster. It's so much fun to find different ways to use a product!


"Doll" by Erin Blegen

 This is my daughter at ten months of age, last summer at the lake. She truly is a doll! I thought the gorgeous Blue Fern Studios dress form was perfect for this layout. To alter it I first primed it with gesso, then took a mask and used the purple Color Shine mist with it. Then I added various gold and purple microbeads.

I fussy cut quite a few of the small purple flowers from one of the papers and added them in with my flower clusters to add some bulk. I also snipped off the small flowers from the vine in the main kit and scattered them throughout my clusters. Finally, I tore apart one of the wire hearts and created two floral sprigs from it, placing them in with the flowers as well. 



Larissa is the most recent member of our design team, and we love her elegant style:

 "Un moment parfait" by Larissa Albernaz

This layout portrays one beautiful moment of my life, when I was just relaxing with my daughter. I stamped over my background and created my design by using a grid as a base.


A Home Decor Frame by Larissa Albernaz

 I couldn´t resist creating a home decor item with the gorgeous Blue Fern Chipboard, as I wanted some volume and dimension for this project, I created a shadowbox and have decorated everything with this months kits papers, flowers and embellishments.


Thanks for stopping by.  You still have one more day to enter our Bits & Pieces Giveaway.  We'll be back in a couple of days to announce the winner.  

1 comment: