Google+

Friday, September 27, 2013

October Kit preview with Svetlana

Hello to all scrappy friends out there!
Today is my turn to give you some sneaks on October kit.

I enjoyed, and I am certain that you also will, all the bright colors, textures and contrasts of this kit.

Be Happy }


7 Dots papers that are included in this month's kit are perfect for those of you who don't have time or bravery to get messy and create a mixed media backgrounds for your projects. But I couldn't resist to alter the papers even more with stamps, washi tapes, gesso, textured paste, mists and paint. All that helped me to create very dynamic layout to complement an action photo of my son having fun time on the beach. 

From my stash: gesso, masks, paint, glimmer mist, stamps, twine, gause, pearls, cotton thread for hand stitching.

The King's Walden's Guardian }


This photo of me was taken at a very beautiful place - King's Walden gardens. This blue gum tree was hit by lightning many years ago but remained standing. Over the years it became the symbol of this place standing still and tall as a guardian.
I added bright pink roses that I fussy cut from one of the Tilda papers. It goes so well with the garden theme.
I used dark brown liquid pearls to draw the branches of the tree on my page.

From my stash: gesso, paint, glimmer mist, stamps, pearls, liquid pearls, cotton thread for hand stitching.

A Day At Kaapsehoop }


A few month back we visited a little place called Kaapsehoop. We spend a lovely day exploring it. Once we got to this old stone building, the ruggedness of it inspired us for a few shots. 
I like how the colors on the main paper I used here go along with the colors on my photo. I changed bright pink flowers by painting it with gesso and then I sprayed it with glimmer mist. In this way they complement the colors on my page.

From my stash: gesso, glimmer mist, texture paste, mask, stamps, liquid pearls, paper doilies, paper leaves, twine, and cotton thread for hand stitching.

Be Free To Be You }


I truly had great fun creating this canvas. I let it all go and let it just be. The colors and the whole style is not typical mine but that was the point of the whole project - just do it and don't look back on what you know or used to :-)

From my stash: gesso, glimmer mists, texture paste,stamps, liquid pearls, paper leaves, black pen, and bling.

Thank you for letting me share! I hope you enjoyed my projects.

Come back again because in a couple of days we will be having the full kit reveal!


6 comments:

  1. Потрясена! Три странички, такие разные и такие замечательные! Каждая со своим "характером", со своими "фишечками". Но первая - мой однозначный фаворит, просто оторваться не могу. Смотришь на нее и ощещение, будто сама ао этому песочку бегаю :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Света, странички просто восхитительные! я в восторге от всех работ, каждая со своей изюминкой!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Света, работы высший класс! Такие разные , но такие прекрасные! Восхитительно! Очень понравилась канва! Я вообще в последнее время неровно дышу к такого плана работам!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think this is some of your best work,Svetlana! Just amazing amount of textures and details-the tree is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, love the tree beautiful art work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly love these! Such a different look with the kit .. so you!!

    ReplyDelete