Google+

Monday, September 23, 2013

The October Kit w/Erin Blegen

Good morning C'est Magnifique fans! I have a couple of layouts to share with you today using the October Kit.

Let's begin :)

"Well Hello"
This is a photo that I took last May during a spring ice storm. I loved how this beautiful Junco bird looked perched on the ice-covered branches...just beautiful. I've combined the black chalkboard chipboard embellishments with the yellows available in the kit and created this nature page with a minimalistic design and plenty of nature-inspired elements!

Layers of rumpled book pages, cardboard, fabric, lace, and flowers on top of a stamped and misted background :)


"Beach"
Keeping with a more minimalistic design but embracing the abundance of color available in the October kit, I created this layout for my daughter on one of our beach outings this past summer. I really loved using the blacks with the brights- what a nice contrast, especially against the detailed 9th Wave papers.

I've used a Prima mask and some modeling past to create the checkerboard background. I then spritzed with some mist and applied watercolors.


Thank-you for coming by the C'est Magnifique blog today. I hope you've enjoyed my reveal and that of the designers over the past week- there's more yet to come- so don't stay away too long!

Take care :)

6 comments: