Google+

Friday, September 13, 2013

Valerie's Layouts and our Bits & Pieces Winner

Hi all.  This will be our last post featuring the September kit, and today it's my turn to show you how I used the kit with paper from ScrapBerry's and KaiserCraft.

Adored

For this layout I used a few pieces of the ScrapBerry's paper and flowers from the kit and add-on.


Using the vellum envelopes and tags, I was able to include an little note to my niece
that is hidden behind the photo.


I used the Manor House flowers and vine in the kit and flower add-on to create a sweet little pink flower cluster.   The top flower was spritzed using the mist that is in the kit. 


A Blessing

There are some amazing colors that can be pulled from the ScrapBerry's paper.  This time
I focused on the purple in the paper.  It's very subtle, but by adding just a few purple embellishments, I was able to bring out the color.


Here you can see that I did some stamping with a script text stamp from my stash.  I added some white circles by dropping acrylic ink on the paper, then spreading it around with my finger while it was still wet.  I finished it up by using the mist that is in the kit.  For the Blue Fern Studios Doily Bunting chipboard, I applied a coat of gesso, some purple ink, and stamped on it using the same script stamp, and followed up by stamping on the banner, as well.


A mixture of purple and white flowers carried out the purple theme in a subtle way.


I Love You

 For this layout, I used the beautiful paper from KaiserCraft. 
Having these roses in the corners is a great start. 


This is a portion of the Blue Fern Studios chipboard floral wreath.  I really like to cut apart larger pieces of chipboard so I can use them on several layouts.  I wanted a pretty soft color so I began by applying a coat of gesso (a primer) to the chipboard.  I then randomly scribbled on it with a green Gelato.  To spread the Gelato around, I used a dampened brush with some more gesso on it. 
It gave me just the the soft color I was looking for. 


A few flowers, some die cut pieces, and a little bling from the embellishment add-on
completed the layout.


Hugs

All four of my layouts this month feature photos of my precious nieces.  I'm so fortunate to have all of them in my life and absolutely love to use photos of them for my projects.


Once again I chose to add some elements to the background by using a stamp from my stash (Prima) and the mist (Lindy's Stamp Gang) that is in the kit.  I played up the circles on this paper by using the Prima circles that were in this month's embellishment add-on.


I love the 2-tone look of the Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst mist that's in this month's kit.


A few September Kits are available in the Store, as well as some of the add-on items. 

**********************************************

BITS AND PIECES WINNER

Speaking of our September Kit, it's now time to announce the winner of Leslie's Bits and Pieces Giveaway.  This winner will receive all the items remaining from Leslie's kit,
the flower add-on, and the embellishment add-on. 

This month's lucky winner is:

Entry # 92 belongs to Kitika.  Congratulations Kitika!  Please e-mail leslie{at}cestmagnifiquekits{dot}com within 7 days to claim your prize.

Thanks to all who entered our Bits and Pieces Giveaway this month.

Check back on the 15th because we will be giving you a peek at our upcoming October Kit!

3 comments: